Sunday, August 9, 2015

Weekend Check In



I have a guilty confession.  If you know me personally, this isn't a surprise.  I love Bravo's reality programs.  They are the visual equivalent of tomato soup and grilled cheese for me.  Nothing I love better after a long and/or hard day at work than to curl up on my sofa (which is super comfy, by the way) and watch a Real Housewives franchise or a Million Dollar Listing franchise.  I cannot express how thrilled I was to hear that Ladies of London will be back.  I haven't been to  London yet (looking at you, 2016) so watching just for the scenery is a win.  Caroline Stanbury, between your wardrobe, hair, business and home, I want to be you.

Speaking of television, I am an Ink Master addict.  I love seeing how creative the artists can be and I have this secret puppy love thing for Dave Navarro.  I guess it's not so secret anymore.  I appreciate how soft spoken he is and he seems very kind and considerate.  Anyhow, imagine my frustration when I saw that Spike wasn't airing on Tuesday night (thank you, TimeWarner) and didn't record that night.  Why, God, why? 

Thursday took the cake for a day full of barfiness.  At least until 5 p.m.  I wanted to get into the office early and I overslept.  Strike one.  Woke up (late) to see that G puked all over the floor.  (I told you barfiness.)  Strike two.  Leaving for work late and in a panic, I backed into the side of my garage.  Strike three.  Can I be out and stay home?  Or start my day over?  Get to work and hit the ground running from the moment I walk through the door.  Don't leave early, as I hoped, but did leave to go to the Orange County Fair.  Woot!  Perfect evening - - the steaming hot weather cooled a bit, I indulged in a cinnamon and sugar crepe (seriously yummy) and then went to see Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo in concert.  Opening act - - Dennis DeYoung and the music of Styx! 

Awesome, awesome, awesome.  I cannot come up with enough words to say what a great show it was.  A bit surreal to think that "Babe" was the first song I ever roller skated with a boy to and "The Best of Times" was the song we sung during my seventh grade graduation.  More frightening was that I was actually in the chorus in seventh grade.   Really though - - I'm sure "The Best of Times" was chosen because it was popular at the time but how depressing to think that the best of times were happening in seventh grade.  Was it all downhill from there? 

Can I be Pat Benatar?  I honestly love that woman.  Her voice is spectacular, she and her husband have been together forever and clearly are simpatico and I'm guessing she's pretty feisty.  Her music is soooo good - - I had forgotten how good she was/is.  And man does she still have a set of pipes on her.  She opened her set with "Shadows of the Night" one of my favorite Benatar tunes and by the time she got to "Promises in the Dark", my other big fave, I was dancing around so much that my brief video I took with my phone is reminiscent of The Blair Witch Project in its jerkiness.

For a day that started on such a sour note, it ended pretty well.  Friday was busy, I was tired since I got to bed late and I was wiped out by the time I got home. 

Today has been productive, although not as much as I'd like - - isn't that always the way it is?   I'm working on getting some Adirondack chairs for my balcony and I need some flowers and potted plants.  Any suggestions?

Ready for a quiet evening.  Happy weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment