Sunday, July 26, 2015

The One Where I Was Naked in Public




Another night, another dream of being naked in public.

Ha, you thought I meant I was in public au naturel and not in my dream.  What?  Do you think running around naked in public is a normal Friday or Saturday night for me?  It's not.  Anymore.   In case you're reading this, Mom, I jest.  Mostly.

Back to my dream.  It's amazing to me how many times I've had dreams about suddenly being naked in public.  I've read that it's common to dream that you're arriving at school and realize you're naked.  Surprisingly, I've never had that one although I still have dreams on occasion that I have a test I haven't studied for or I can't remember my schedule, the way to my classroom or my locker combination.  Might be normal to me if I was still in school and had been out a relatively short time but Reagan was in office when I graduated so you would think that anything school related would not be in my subconscious.

This dream had nothing to do with school.  I was walking around somewhere outdoors, although it seems that I was in a movie theater prior to that, and while everyone else was clothed, I was not.  And no one seemed fazed by it at all.  Maybe my dream self has a flatter stomach and is naturally tan. 

Anyhow, I did a little internet sleuthing and Google says that naked dreams are a manifestation of not having the upper hand in life.  Ummm, doesn't everyone feel they don't have the upper hand in life at times?  Or most of the time? 

So if that's the case, what's up with my dream?  Do I secretly want to run around naked in public?   Do I want to shock people?  Should I have been a nudist?  (Ha, no!)

On an unrelated note, we are now three weeks past July 4th.  I think the random fireworks can stop, at least until New Years which is the next socially acceptable holiday for fireworks in my opinion.  (Good grief, I'm opinionated, aren't I?)  I suppose this is one of the side effects of living at the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment